Classical Education...

“Because the classical educator believes in a real world that gives up ordered knowledge of itself, he teaches the student how to get that knowledge. The seven liberal arts were quite deliberately developed for precisely that reason. Believing that we can know truth, and believing that truth sets us free, classical educators spent thousands of years refining the tools of truth-seeking that were used from the beginning of time, but were first codified by Aristotle."

- Andrew Kern, in "What is the Difference Between Classical and Conventional Education”

Translate

Thursday, September 8, 2016

God Works in Mysterious Ways


A few years ago my family was entrenched in spiritual conflict by fellow-Christians.  When we sought help from our church, the church erupted in a satanic swirl of corruption, elitism, and gossip.  Within a month of seeking mediation in the church, the spiritual warfare oozed into the lives and minds of those in charge, resulting in spiritual abuse of my family on many levels.

Needless to say, we left that church, and it put a strain on our relationship with the unity of the Church of Christians in our lives.  God grew my family during this turbulent time, and it was actually a blessing that those closest to us turned their backs on us, for it led us to a closer reliance and walk with Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. 

If you have never encountered spiritual abuse in a church, then God has sincerely blessed you.  It is more damaging than abuse in a family, more deeply piercing than a divorce, and more fracturing to one’s soul than you will ever know.  We survived, and yet, still, every day there is a memory of this life-lesson that comes up in our interactions with our children in our homeschooling classroom, as we raise them on the Word of God, digging deep into the lessons of the Bible. 

Being the youngest of my original, nuclear, human-family, I had the benefit of learning from my sisters’ trials, successes, and worldly- (as well as spiritual-) challenges.  I learned that there is nothing more beneficial than taking lessons that others have gone through and entrenching them into your own life as a valuable lesson for your own life.  After all, why would you want to ignore things that made them successful or worse yet, things that scarred or traumatized them?  I know that I do not like being hurt, and learning from others hurts, especially those closest to us, can greatly enrich your life.

This is why we use our time of spiritual abuse as a life-lesson for our girls in our homeschool.  If we do not teach them how to avoid such abuse, we would be hiding our knowledge under a bush, failing to let the light shine from the knowledge gained.  We recount the issues, point directly to the Bible, and guide them on how to survive such challenges of their own.



God had a plan; I know this.  God had more for us, better for us, and every day we can see and feel these blessings.  We have been freed from the superficiality of the church we once called our ‘home,’ our ‘family’.  This is not to say that we have abandoned the Church in its universalness, the Church that unites Christians as believers of Jesus Christ as our savior and example, but it is a daily process.  It is a daily healing.  The wounds were deep, and since they involved our children, the emotions were engulfed in that all-entrenching, often over-whelming “mama bear,” and “daddy lion” surge of emotional adrenalin.  You simply do not mess with people’s children.  The reaction is one from the gut.  It is one that surges through you to dig deep within yourself to do all that you can to protect your children.  This is what lingers…the astonishment of a church willing to hurt children to protect themselves from the world seeing them exposed.

But, I digress…as I usually do on my postings here.  My point for this post was to reflect on the information that came through email today.  Part of that church is being shut down.  The ministry we were involved in will not continue this year, and I have to say…this is God’s hand.  Whether the ministry revives or not is God’s plan as well.  While I value the ministry, and I know it serves God’ people, the trials it goes through at that church will hopefully grow those involved.  My gut reaction to the information that the ministry would not continue was one of pleasure.  “Good,” I thought!  However, I know that this is not about them, me, or even my family.  This is about Christians being Christians, acting like Christians, and serving others in a Christian way to the Glory of God.  If the ministry revives, I pray for those involved.  I pray they will turn toward God for guidance, for strength, and for wisdom.   What a Friend We have in Jesus

May God bless all the ministries of churches across America, where Christianity seems to falter the most, often, resulting in a cult-like following of the leaders of a given church, not to the Glory of God, but only to glorify themselves.  Be strong Christian friends.  Know that one day you will come to the end of your earthly life, and you will feel all the love that God was trying to surround you with as you walked through this fallen world.

To leave you today, I hope you will turn to God as you reflect on this song that can lead you to your heart’s desire: God.  As the Deer




___________________________________________________________________
Songs cleaned through ViewPure:
As the Deer:  http://viewpure.com/-gaT4q9eJ1U?start=0&end=0
Because He Lives: http://viewpure.com/4M-zwE33zHA?start=0&end=0
It is Well with My Soul: http://viewpure.com/AHe_qmo3gX4?start=0&end=0
What a Friend We Have in Jesus: http://viewpure.com/8SCorW9r_Is?start=0&end=0
Blessed Assurance: http://viewpure.com/XOv7RmXi7VE?start=0&end=0 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legal Stuff

You may not republish any text, photos, documents, or link lists from this site - in whole or in part - without permission. (This includes uploading my documents to other websites, including Facebook group pages. If you wish to share on Facebook, please provide a link to the respective post on this site.)

· If you plan to use my ideas in your writing, provide proper source attribution.

· If you plan to use my ideas on your website, link back to my original post containing the idea.

· You may link to any material within this blog, but you may not re-publish or distribute it as your own work.

PLEASE CONTACT ME, though, and I will gladly give you permission to post my content on your site! I’d love to hear from you and where the content will be shared.

The content on this site is copyright protected; for personal use only. For more details, please refer to my terms of use and disclosure policy. Thank you.